Re: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader

Author: Paul Fidler
To: Wookey
CC: Balloon, david
New-Topics: RE: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader
On Feb 15 2006, Wookey wrote:

> Does the marvellous XJTAG not have a 'download code to this flash using
> this CPU' function? (we will still need Jflash or something similar in
> due course, but this might be better for your immediate purposes).
>
> Paul fiddler is the last person to have worked on Jflash, with intent to
> add L3 support I think. Paul?

I've actually been looking at using JFlash_MM, which seems to be Intel's
latest variant of the code that at one time or other was hacked to make
jflash-balloon.

It requires a config file for the platform and another for the NOR memory.

The plaform config file is largely based on the bsdl file for a particular
processor, but with some possibly board specific things like which
additional output lines need holding hi/lo while programming the flash.
Intel have example config files for PXA27x based boards so we can probably
just borrow one with a few tweaks.

The NOR config file is loaded automatically based on manufacturer and
device ids. The last version of JFlash_MM that I saw didn't ship with one
for the 29LV650UE (is that what we're going to be using) which would
require a config file called Flash_22D7_1_16.dat. These files are not
complicated and I've already written one for the 29LV650UE but haven't had
a chance to test it yet.

Paul Fidler
--
Cambridge University Engineering Department | Tel: +44 1223 332816
Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK | Fax: +44 1223 332662