[Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader

Author: Chris Jones
To: Wookey
CC: Balloon, david
Subject: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader
Wookey wrote:
>>>I haven't done anything about it. I'm not sure what nick has done.
>>>I assume he has them workingon mainstone and that this should be very
>>>similar to Balloon3, but I'm not sure exactly how similar.
>>
>>Mainstone is using Blob and some peculair Intel magic to load it, IIRC,
>>so it's probably not directly transferable to Loon 3.
>
> Jflash _is_ peculiar Intel magic - or at least that's where it originally
> came from. Mainstone may still be using that codebase.

Indeed. I was given to understand that the method of squirting boot
loadres into Mainstone wasn't the same as Jflash: it was something that
came with the eval kit, I think, though that doesn't stop it having been
based on Jflash's code, naturally. It's hard to check while Nick's away,
though!

Chris
--
Chris Jones -
Martin-Jones Technology Ltd, makers of Solidlights