Re: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader

Author: Colin Tuckley
To: balloon
CC: nick, david
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Re: L3 Jflash/Bootloader
Chris Jones wrote:

> - bootldr already has NAND and YAFFS support. Sorting these out in
> another boot loader would be a non-trivial task, probably.

>From what little I've seen in my working through the code - I'd agree.

> Nick has bootldr basically ready to go for the PXA270, modulo a bunch
> of #defines, so the process of getting it to run might be a morning's
> work instead of <more than that>.

I think the basic problem that Wookey is worried about is that the balloon 2
version of bootldr currently will not build/work with a modern version of
gcc. I've been looking at this and while I have now managed a reasonably
clean build it doesn't work. Partly I suspect because it has odd bits of
minipug and samosa code that I haven't found yet.

If we can get it working for balloon 2 and then merge that with Nicks
balloon 3 branch we would be in a good position.

On a related subject - I do now have a 2.4 kernel for balloon 2 that builds
and works with gcc 3.3, so we are making progress on the tools front.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |    |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

No trees were harmed during the production of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....