[Balloon] E1 builds and usbnet

Author: Paul Fidler
To: balloon
Subject: [Balloon] E1 builds and usbnet

Just a quick one: Has anybody else had problems withusing USB from a PC
host port to the Balloon USB slave port on E1 builds?

On the P2 builds I was able to get usbnet working (as on
http://balloonboard.org/balloonwiki/USBNetworking more or less) albeit with
a certain amount of prodding - unplugging/plugging the cable so udev would
spot it etc. (An 'lsusb' command on the PC would list the Balloon as a
device even if the routing wasn't quite right.)

I haven't managed to do this with any of the E1 builds that have come my
way, and lsusb shows nothing. I haven't entirely ruled out the possibility
that some of my other hardware is at fault, but I just thought I'd ask in
case this is something that affects all E1s. (I seem to recall that the E1
build showed up a problem with the I2C bus which Chris fixed by adding
pull-ups in the FPGA code, wheras the P2 build had somehow managed to work
without them.)

Paul Fidler
--
Cambridge University Engineering Department | Tel: +44 1223 332816
Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CB2 1PZ, UK | Fax: +44 1223 332662