[Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or address

Author: Richard Genoud
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or address
Hi !
I'm using the latest yaffs2 tree (from today 2007.03.20) on an atmel
at91sam9261-ek board.
my kernel is 2.6.20 with the at91 patch
here is what I'm getting :
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/mtd0/
mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock0 on /mnt/mtd0/ failed: No such device or address

I tried with jffs2 and all is ok on that device.
I tried also with a dummy block device :
mount -t yaffs2 /dev/loop0 /mnt/mtd0/
yaffs: dev is 7340032 name is "loop0"
yaffs_read_super: Using yaffs2
yaffs_read_super: block size 4096
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 7.0, "loop0"
mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/mtd0/ failed: Invalid argument
it shows that yaffs is in the kernel...

i don't know if this could be a clue, but in /proc/filesystems, I have :
# cat /proc/filesystems
nodev   sysfs
nodev   rootfs
nodev   bdev