Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or addr…

Author: Charles Manning
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] problem mounting yaffs2 : No such device or address
On Wednesday 21 March 2007 04:31, Richard Genoud wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm using the latest yaffs2 tree (from today 2007.03.20) on an atmel
> at91sam9261-ek board.
> my kernel is 2.6.20 with the at91 patch
> here is what I'm getting :
> mount -t yaffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/mtd0/
> mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock0 on /mnt/mtd0/ failed: No such device or
> address

You are not getting any yaffs:xxx messages so it looks like the call is being
rejected by mount even before it gets to call any specific yaffs code.

You can also try turning on more yaffs tracing to see if that helps.

> I tried with jffs2 and all is ok on that device.
> I tried also with a dummy block device :
> mount -t yaffs2 /dev/loop0 /mnt/mtd0/
> yaffs: dev is 7340032 name is "loop0"
> yaffs_read_super: Using yaffs2
> yaffs_read_super: block size 4096
> yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 7.0, "loop0"
> mount: Mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/mtd0/ failed: Invalid argument

Not suprising. /dev/loop0 is a block device. YAFFS works with mtd devices.

> it shows that yaffs is in the kernel...
>
> i don't know if this could be a clue, but in /proc/filesystems, I have :
> # cat /proc/filesystems
> nodev   sysfs
> nodev   rootfs
> nodev   bdev
> nodev   proc
> nodev   sockfs
> nodev   usbfs
> nodev   pipefs
> nodev   futexfs
> nodev   tmpfs
> nodev   eventpollfs
> nodev   devpts
> nodev   ramfs
> nodev   nfs
> nodev   jffs2
>         yaffs
>         yaffs2
> nodev   rpc_pipefs

> there's no "nodev" before yaffs*...
> does it tell something to anyone ?

yaffs requires a device, so I would not expect to see nodev.