Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS for 512 page NAND device: 2.6.17 kernel

Author: ian@brightstareng.com
To: Nobin Mathew
CC: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS for 512 page NAND device: 2.6.17 kernel
On Thursday 21 June 2007 11:58, Nobin Mathew wrote:
> After creating one file, i am able to get it back after
> remounting it.
>
> I will send you the /proc/yaffs contents soon.

So, perhaps the problem lies with mkyaffsimage and/or getting
that data on to NAND with the appropriate layout/ecc - and that
doesn't surprize me. There are frequent questions/complaints
about building yaffs-fs images with these 'off-line' tools
and how to write it NAND.

I've never used them -- perhaps if someone else has a recipe that
works for small-page, current yaffs and 2.6.17+ MTD, they can
share that with the list.

-imcd