[Balloon] Fw: Re: kernel2.6.22 or later

Author: Wookey
To: Balloon
Subject: [Balloon] Fw: Re: kernel2.6.22 or later
Looks like our issue with the dm9601 may be fixed. I'll check it out
soon. And it looks like we should probably have tried harder to
contact the author about it.

----- Forwarded message from Peter Korsgaard <> -----

From: Peter Korsgaard <>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:06:12 +0200
Subject: Re: kernel2.6.22 or later
    version=3.1.7-deb, No

Hi,

Wookey> This module is available in 2.6.21. Not sure how much earlier
Wookey> than that it appeared.

Since 2.6.21-rc2.

Wookey> We've found that devices using this chip have some issues:
Wookey> they don;t work with an MTU of 1500 - you have to turn it
Wookey> down to 1486. This is true on 2.6.21 and 2.6.22 with the
Wookey> hardware we have. Something would appear to be quite
Wookey> broken. They work fine on windows. They are incredibly cheap
Wookey> though :-) GBP 2.45! ($5)

Please report problems with the driver to me! I first heard of the
problem from a Fedora user last week and it turned out to be a typo in
the driver. The fix is in 2.6.23.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/73294 for details.

I don't actually have the hardware myself - I wrote the driver for a
friend who has one, that's probably why I never noticed myself.

They are indeed cheap, but I haven't been able to find any around here
(.be).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard