Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 VGA kernel patch

Author: Wookey
To: Chris Jones
CC: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 VGA kernel patch
On 2007-10-10 12:03 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Wookey wrote:
> > I had to re-do the definition in the relevant struct in pxafb.h for
> > some reason.
>
> Why's that? I had to shoehorn lccr4 into at least 2 structs and go round
> the code looking for places that they got copied into each other to make
> sure the value never got dropped.

Turns out it was because the original patch referred to:
linux-2.6.22.2/include/asm/arch-pxa/pxafb.h
which only works on a configured source tree. To have it work on an
unconfigured source tree it needs to be:
linux-2.6.22.2/include/asm-arm/arch-pxa/pxafb.h

(The 'asm' dir only exists as a link to asm-whatever which get created
when make config-something is done). Bear this in mind when making
patches.

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/