Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 VGA kernel patch

Author: Wookey
To: Chris Jones
CC: Balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 VGA kernel patch
On 2007-10-10 12:03 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Wookey wrote:
> >>  #ifdef CONFIG_BALLOON3_TOPPOLY
> >> -static struct pxafb_mode_info toppoly_mode __initdata = {
> >> +static struct pxafb_mode_info balloon3_lcd_mode __initdata = {
> >>      .pixclock        = 38000,

> > It just said above that this should be 38400 - so is 38000 right or
> > shouold be fixed? I assume the latter.
>
> I'd leave it as it is: 38000 was arrived at a long time ago before I
> fully understood the behaviour of pixclock. Which pixel clock you end up
> with near the boundary values is something I can't remember, so I'd
> leave it as 38000 for now.

OK, left.

> > I had to re-do the definition in the relevant struct in pxafb.h for
> > some reason.
>
> Why's that? I had to shoehorn lccr4 into at least 2 structs and go round
> the code looking for places that they got copied into each other to make
> sure the value never got dropped.

I'm not quite sure. Possibly becuase you did this on 2.6.21 and it has
changed enough in 2.6.22 that the patch failed. It certainly ended up
that pxafb.c ended up not being in the quilt files list so I had to make
the changes again manually in that file.

Anyway, fixed now and committed to svn. USB stuff next.

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/