Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 FPGA code?

Author: Peter Clifton
To: david
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 FPGA code?

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:36 +0000, David Bisset wrote:

> a) Use the SAMOSA bus. This can be used as a word bus with muxed address
> latches (actually this is a NAND FLASH type bus)

Hi David,

Just on the off-chance you had a part-number for such a latch, could you
send it my way please? Were you thinking of something like the 74HCT373?
(With some address decode chip).

Reusing the Samosa bus as an FPGA controlled word bus sounds like it may
be the best way if I'm to use the Balloon board. Sacrificing the CF
address and data-bus could also yield plenty of IO lines, but that has
obvious drawbacks.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton