Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 FPGA code?

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] Balloon 3 FPGA code?
On 2008-01-25 01:10 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

As the hardwarey types have dealt with all the hard stuff I can answer
your original question:

> (Is the FPGA source code available for download so I can dig in and have
> a look?)

Yes. Along with all the other sources:
Snapshot of current release (should be the code you are currently using):
http://balloonboard.org/files/balloon3/distro/test-v0.3/sources/vhdl/
or for the latest and greatest (which in fact hasn't changed for over
a year:)
http://balloonboard.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/balloon/trunk/vhdl/

( See http://balloonboard.org/software.html for access mechanisms )

> > I will also publish the schematic for the Backplane interface and the
> > associated blank motherboard. These will be in Protel format but have the
> > advantage that a real board has been made from them and so the bug level is
> > lower.
>
> Could you send me a pdf of the motherboard schematic? (So I can get a
> feel for how ethernet etc.. is done. I've not worked on any serious
> digital IO / computer design before.)

I've been trying to get one of these out of Mr Bisset for a few weeks
now - maybe if we both jump him at once... :-)

One of the things we need to make available asap is enough info for
someone to get started doing an add-on board. It's all kicking about
but needs extracting from busy people and sticking on-line. I want to
start an add-on too, which should help it get done.

Keep poking us till it's sorted.

Principal hats: Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/