[Yaffs] NFS and YAFFS

Author: Henrik Grindal Bakken
To: yaffs
Subject: [Yaffs] NFS and YAFFS

Hi. I'm running a setup where I have a powerpc linux with a NAND
flash, on which I have a yaffs(2) filesystem. This is mounted on
/mnt/base. Now, I end up exporting this filesystem (actually, a
subdirectory from it) to a series of arm processors, also running
linux.

I have made one relevant change to yaffs, namely to provide an empty
struct export_operations as sb->s_export_op. Otherwise, nfs won't
touch it. The same approach has been suggested earlier on this list,
stolen from jffs2.

This, as it happens, works to an extent. If I mount read-write, it
hangs, if I mount read-only, it works, but only up to one or two
clients. I'm not entirely certain where stuff hangs, but at least it
hangs to the extent that searching $PATH for anything on /mnt/base
hangs forever.

It appears to me that nfs-exporting yaffs filesystems is shaky at
best. Is this something anyone does or has any experience with?

Kernel versions are 2.6.22.X (where X is 3 and 5 on the different
systems). I'm not entirely certain as to the version of yaffs code.
How do I tell?

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <>
PGP ID: 8D436E52