Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS entered for Google Summer Of Code

Author: Matthias Fuchs
To: yaffs
CC: Andre Renaud
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] YAFFS entered for Google Summer Of Code
On Monday 10 March 2008 20:27, Andre Renaud wrote:
> We actually did some work on this a while ago - basically we took the
> original, and applied some patches that were on the mailing list + a bit
> of tidy up.

I know. I also fixed the code for big endian systems.
But the code needs a big cleanup or better a rewrite :-)

Matthias

> Have a look at the attached tar ball, it includes a mkyaffs2image
> program which will build a yaffs2 image completed with tags. You'll need
> a tool which can do a 'raw' write (including tags). We don't use
> mtd_utils, but I assume it can do it.
>
> Sorry this isn't submitted as a patch, but it isn't particularly clean.
>
> Andre
>
> Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > what about the 'mkyaffs2image' and perhaps also some tool
> > like 'image2mkyaffs2' for the other direction utility rewrite?
> >
> > I think this is on many wishlists :-)
> >
> > Matthias
> >

> > On Monday 10 March 2008 00:52, Charles Manning wrote:
> >> Hi All
> >>
> >> I have entered YAFFS for Google Summer of Code. We'll know in a few days if
> >> we're accepted.
> >>
> >> We have put a preliminary ideas list up at http://www.yaffs.net/ideas-list
> >>
> >> Any more ideas? If so, please send them to (on or off list) so that I can
> >> include them.
> >>
> >> -- Charles

Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Fuchs
SD4

esd electronic system design gmbh
Vahrenwalder Str. 207 - 30165 Hannover - GERMANY
Telefon: 0511-37298-0 - Fax: 0511-37298-68
Bitte besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter http://www.esd.eu
Quality Products - Made in Germany
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Detering, Dr. Werner Schulze
Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 51373 - VAT-ID DE 115672832