Re: [Balloon] What happened to setup? --> not booting with i…

Author: Wookey
To: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] What happened to setup? --> not booting with initrd
+++ Charles Manning [2010-05-21 11:14 +1200]:
> On Friday 21 May 2010 04:00:28 Wookey wrote:
> > +++ Charles Manning [2010-05-20 13:52 +1200]:
> Thanks. Thatgets me over one hurdle.
> I now get a proper initramfs.
>
> setup is there but the modprobes don't work. :-(.

Yes. We've covered this. You are building on a system whose modutils
generates new-style relative paths. The modutils in the
buildroot/busybox we are using does not understand these.

You can fix this by
1) building with an older modutils (the one in lenny is old enough),
2) move to the newer buildroot (Makefile.inc has support commented out
 - it's very new but seems to basically work)
3) make the paths in the depmod file absolute
4) change the buildroot build to have depmod installed in the image and
    run depmod -a on boot

> Would modprobing work properly if these were full path names?

Yes.

We plan to do 2) as soon as tests show nothing important breaks.

Patches for 3 or 4 would also be gratefully accepted.

Principal hats: iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/