Re: [Balloon] A few questions about SVN trunk...

Author: Hector Oron
To: Patrick Doyle
CC: balloon
Subject: Re: [Balloon] A few questions about SVN trunk...
Hi,

2011/5/13 Patrick Doyle <>:

> 1) Where is the VHDL code?  package/vhdl contains only 3 files:
> Config.in, vhdl.deps, and vhdl.mk.

It is now on trunk, merged from tags/1.0-stable [0].
For its synthesis, Xilinx ISE tools are used. Automated build from
trunk might need fixing, I have not tested it. (I won't be able to
work on that for long time, help welcome).

> 2) According to http://www.balloonboard.org/balloonwiki/QuickInstall,
> I'm supposed to do a:
>
> $ cd <checkout directory>
> $ make
> $ make dist
>
>   ...but when I do that, the "make dist" step doesn't appear to do
> anything.  Is this expected?  Should I update the wiki?

`make dist` target populates distro/ directory with relevant files, so
bbl, openocd and other tools can work from there.

> 3) I'm sure I had a 3rd question... can anybody remember what it was?

Would that be... when is the baby born? Today or tomorrow? :-)

Cheers,
--

PS.- I'll be off for a couple weeks on paternity leave.

-- Day DVB-T stop working nicely
Video flare: http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap100510.html