Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu …

Author: Luca
To: yaffs
Subject: Re: [Yaffs] How to mount a yaffs2 partition on linux ubuntu 11.04
Ross Younger <yaffs <at> impropriety.org.uk> writes:

> There's more to it than that. It is critical to get the OOB layout
> correct. YAFFS writes its tags to a fixed location in the logical OOB
> area, but the NAND driver can (and often does) apply another mapping
> between that and the physical OOB area. Without that mapping, YAFFS
> won't find its tags.

Really thanks for the answer, but i know the oob layout. I can see it from adb
shell with mtd_debug info command, and i can use the same layout with nandsim
and i can use the -o option in nandwrite to write the image on the nand device
simulated by nandsim. So i don't understand where the problem is. Did you try to
mount one android partition on linux with success? It seems that all people fail
in this task.